Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ska Borough tale (part 2 )

Itook this photo two hours after the previous one ,at 3.30 pm Saturday. We spent a couple of hours killing time in a wet,cold ,seaside town and as we came back up these two were kick starting the scooter and it went 3rd kick ! They had changed barrel,piston,head ,reid valve inlet manifold and re jetted the carb,refitted and re-connected all the cables .Only thing still on the hotel front lawn was footboards and sidepanels ! A superb effort in anybodies book . Well done the Preston Lads ! Saturday night was buzzing at the Spa with Bad Manners fronted by Buster himself and standing on the old fashioned wooden dance floor was like being on a trampoline with everyone pogo-ing !
Sunday morning dawned dry so jude and me loaded up the scoot and set a westerley heading riding from a cool cloudy east coast into superb sunshine,no wind and seven hours of riding to Holywell .
P.S.We stopped for fuel 10 miles from Preston and who should come hurtling past (Running In ?? ) but the two likely lads in the photo . To the lads:- if you ever read this send me an email with your names and I will send the photos .Dave .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's me (Norman Lowe) in the photo with the tan boots with me mate Richard Bamber. Big surprise when Richard told me we'ed made news, great write up! Great Photo! Cheers! Norman

P.S. We were running it in about 60 70 MPH about right? Isn't it!!!

My email address is Normanlowebuild@msn.com Let me know if your going to any rallies?

Graham said...

Thanks for the comment Norman, the guy that you met at Scarborough was Dave Baker, I'll let him know about your message and e-mail address and he will contact you.

Ride safe,

Graham.