Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Auto Motas Scooters Pics 1950's ?

Interesting find today while going through some old photos at my dads, found these of the old Auto Motas scooter shop in Chester and Davies cycle shop which look like around the end of the 1950's to me. My dad was a keen photographer and took thousands of photos of everything and anything, so i thought I would post these up for nostalgia. Looks like Lambretta LD Mk 3's and a nice Heinkel bubble car parked up outside, I zoomed up the shop sign which I thought was also interesting.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

brill graham some of us old heads remember autos,,,,bernie

Dave Baker said...

Good to see these Graham.They fixed my TV 200 gearbox for £8 including parts and labour! They bought the three year old TV 200 off me for £65 with all its accessories the same year,1967.

Graham said...

Wow that price is unbelievable Dave when you think what they go for now - £5000 plus.

Dave Baker said...

Yeh but a brand new sx200 at that time wasnt much over £200 as far as I can recall.Hindsight is the only exact science !

Anonymous said...

Ace Pics Graham not quite old enough to remember the place in the 50's but spent many time there & the Kings head in the mid 80's had a SX200 in them day's that I paid £150 for as Dave said Hindsight!! got a Vespa PX200 now much more reliable but really miss the Lammy. Anyway there is a sight called Chester Memories it would be great to see the Pics up!! K. Sid

Anonymous said...

Ah Fat Mans as I used to know it in the late 70's early 80's. There was a cafe across the road that we used to sit in or nip down to the King Head on a Saturday. Happy days